The 2017 Noirwich Crime Writing Festival featured headliners Val McDermid, Anthony Horowitz and Martina Cole and discussions ranged from how crime fiction intersects with world politics to international crime fiction writing and the emerging North Sea Noir movement.
Noirwich 2017 also included the festivals first stand up gig, courtesy of Christopher Brookmyre and Mark Billingham, and a unique retrospective musical in the form of The Resurrection of Dora Suarez.
It was the biggest festival yet and took place across Norwich Arts Centre, Jarrold and the University of Anglia as well as several fringe locations around the city.
Full event listing:
- Val McDermid in conversation with Stav Sherez
- The Times/Sunday Times Crime Club presents Age of Extremes: A Bloody Talk by Arne Dahl
- Plotting the Perfect Crime: A Crime Writing Exhibition from the British Archive for Contemporary Writing
- Martina Cole in conversation with Henry Sutton
- Nasty Women
- Fresh Blood
- Anthony Horowitz: The Word is Murder
- Dark Shores: North Sea Noir
- Stand Up At The Bar: Christopher Brookmyre & Mark Billingham
- The Resurrection of Dora Suarez
- First Monday Crime presents The Criminal World
- Grime Noir
- Stuart MacBride in conversation with Elodie Harper
- Festival Fringe